4 Servings, about 2 cups each
- Lean ground beef 1 pound
- Onions, chopped finely 1/2 cup
- Boiling water 3 quarts
- Noodles, yolk-free, enriched,
- uncooked 2-3/4 cups
- Tomato soup, condensed 1 10-3/4-ounce can
- Water 1-1/4 cups
- Pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- Bread crumbs 1 cup
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 30 MINUTES
- Brown beef and onions in hot skillet; drain.
- Place water in large saucepan; bring to rolling
boil. Cook noodles in boiling water for 10
minutes; drain and set aside.
- Combine soup, water, and pepper. Stir into
cooked meat. Add cooked noodles to meat
mixture. Stir gently to avoid tearing the noodles.
- Spoon beef-noodle mixture into 9- by 13-inch
baking pan. Sprinkle bread crumbs over
- Bake, uncovered, at 300˚ F, about 30 minutes.
Total fat 18 grams
Saturated fat 6 grams
Cholesterol 86 milligrams
Sodium 575 milligrams