4 Servings, about 1/4 cups each, plus 4 servings for
another meal or snack
- Whole milk 1 cup
- Water 1 cup
- Rice, uncooked 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Evaporated milk 1 cup
- Vanilla 1 teaspoon
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Ground cinnamon 1/8 teaspoon
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 40 MINUTES
- In sauce pan, heat milk and water.
- Add rice, bring to boil, lower heat to simmer;
stir mixture every 10 minutes. Cook uncovered
until rice is tender, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix eggs, 3/4 cup evaporated
milk, vanilla, and sugar. Set aside.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup evaporated milk to rice
- Spoon 1 cup of rice mixture into egg mixture
and stir. Pour egg-rice mixture into remaining
- Heat pudding until it boils, stirring continuously.
Remove from heat, and sprinkle with cinnamon.
Total fat 5 grams
Saturated fat 3 grams
Cholesterol 67 milligrams
Sodium 66 milligrams