4 Servings, 2 cookies each, plus 4 servings for
another meal or snack
- Sugar 3/4 cup
- Margarine 2 tablespoons
- Egg 1
- Canned applesauce 1/4 cup
- 1% lowfat milk 2 tablespoons
- Flour 1 cup
- Baking soda 1/4 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon
- Quick rolled oats 1 cup + 2 tablespoons
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES
COOKING TIME: 13 TO 15 MINUTES EACH BATCH
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F and lightly grease cookie
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer on medium
speed to mix sugar and margarine. Mix until
well blended, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly add egg; mix on medium speed 1 minute.
Gradually add applesauce and milk; mix on
medium speed, 1 minute. Scrape sides of bowl.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking soda,
and cinnamon. Slowly add to applesauce
mixture; mix on low speed until blended, about
2 minutes. Add oats and blend 30 seconds on
low speed. Scrape sides of bowl.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet, about
2 inches apart.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 13 to 15
minutes. Remove from baking sheet while still
warm. Cool on wire rack.
Total fat 4 grams
Saturated fat 1 gram
Cholesterol 27 milligrams
Sodium 84 milligrams