4 Servings, about 1/4 loaf each
- Ground turkey 1 pound
- Spaghetti sauce 3/4 cup
- Mozzarella cheese, part-skim 1/4 cup
- Green peppers, chopped 1/2 cup
- Onion, minced 1/4 cup
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
CONVENTIONAL COOKING TIME: 20 MINUTES
MICROWAVE COOKING TIME: 8 MINUTES
- Lightly grease 9-inch pie plate with vegetable
oil. Pat turkey into pie plate.
- Place turkey in 350˚ F oven; bake until turkey
no longer remains pink, about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Cover turkey with waxed paper.
- Cook on high; rotate plate 1/4 turn after 3
- Cook until turkey no longer remains pink, about
5 more minutes. Drain.
TO COMPLETE COOKING
- Top baked turkey with spaghetti sauce, cheese,
- Return turkey to either the conventional oven or
the microwave oven and heat until cheese is
melted, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Total fat 14 grams
Saturated fat 4 grams
Cholesterol 88 milligrams
Sodium 376 milligrams