- 1 package pork tenderloins (approx 2 lbs.) cut into 1/2″ thick rounds
- 2 Tablespoons butter or olive oil
- 1/4 cup sliced shallots
- 4 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 3 Tablespoons capers, drained
- 2 Tablespoons coarse grained Dijon mustard
Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten pork rounds slightly to scant 1/2″ thickness.
Sprinkle w/salt & pepper. Saute in butter or olive oil until brown and cooked through,
about 2 minutes per side. Transfer pork to a plate. Add shallots to skillet and stir 1
minute. Add chicken broth and cream. Boil until sauce is thick enough to coat a spoon,
stirring up browned bits, about 3−5 minutes. Mix in capers and mustard. Return pork to
sauce. Simmer to heat through.
Makes 4 servings − 4 carbs per serving.