4 Servings, about 1-1/2 cups each
- Water 1/2 cup
- Green beans, frozen 1/2 10-ounce package
- Onions, minced 1/2 cup
- Lean ground beef 1 pound + 6 ounces
- Noodles, yolk-free,
- enriched, uncooked 6-3/4 cups
- Cold water 2 cups
- Beef bouillon 2 cubes
- Flour 1/3 cup
- Pepper 1/4 teaspoon
- Dry parsley flakes 1 teaspoon
- Garlic powder 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion powder 1 teaspoon
PREPARATION TIME: 25 MINUTES
COOKING TIME:ABOUT 35 MINUTES
- Place 1/2 cup of water in saucepan. Cover and bring
to boil. Add green beans, lower heat, and simmer until
tender, about 5 minutes. Drain.
- Place onions and ground beef in skillet. Cook over
medium heat; stir occasionally. Cook until beef no longer
remains pink, about 5 to 10 minutes. Drain fat off.
- Cook noodles according to package instructions. Drain.
- Combine cold water and flour; stir until smooth. Add
flour mixture and beef bouillon cubes to ground beef.
Cook, stirring frequently until mixture has thickened
and bouillon cubes have dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- Add cooked green beans, cooked noodles, pepper,
parsley flakes, garlic powder, and onion powder
to ground beef mixture; stir to combine.
- Place beef mixture in 8- by 12-inch baking pan; cover and bake
in 350˚ F oven until thoroughly heated, about 15 minutes.
Total fat 22 grams
Saturated fat 8 grams
Cholesterol 120 milligrams
Sodium 405 milligrams