4 Servings, about 1/2 cup beef mixture, 1/2 cup lettuce and cheese mixture each
- Onions, chopped 1/2 cup
- Lean ground beef 1 pound
- Chili powder 1 tablespoon
- Dry oregano 2 teaspoons
- Ground cumin 1/2 teaspoon
- Canned kidney beans, red, drained 1 cup
- Canned chickpeas, drained 1 15-ounce can
- Tomato, diced 1 medium
- Lettuce 2 cups
- Cheddar cheese 1/2 cup
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES COOKING TIME: 10 TO 15 MINUTES
- Cook ground beef and onions in a large skillet
until the beef no longer remains pink. Drain.
- Stir chili powder, oregano, and cumin into beef
mixture; cook for 1 minute.
- Add beans, chickpeas, and tomatoes. Mix gently
- Combine lettuce and cheese in large serving
bowl. Portion lettuce and cheese onto 4 plates.
Add 1 cup of beef mixture on top of lettuce and
Note: Garbanzo bean is another name for chickpea.
Total fat 22 grams
Saturated fat 9 grams
Cholesterol 98 milligrams
Sodium 411 milligrams