4 Servings of pork and vegetables, about 1/2 cup each. 4 Servings of cooked rice, about 2 cups each
- Chicken broth, reduced sodium 2 cups
- Hot water 2 cups
- Rice, uncooked 2 cups
- Vegetable oil 2 tablespoons
- Broccoli cuts, frozen 2 cups
- Carrots, cleaned, sliced thinly 1 cup
- Onions, minced 1/4 cup
- Garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- Canned mushrooms, drained 1/2 cup
- Ground pork 1 pound + 7 ounces
- Soy sauce 4 tablespoons
PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINUTES COOKING TIME: 25 TO 30 MINUTES
- Heat broth and water to a boil in sauce pan;
add rice and return to boil. Reduce heat to low
and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in skillet. Add broccoli,
carrots, onions, and garlic powder. Cook until
crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Remove from
skillet. Add mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute and
- Heat second tablespoon of oil in skillet. Add
pork; cook until pork no longer remains pink.
- Add soy sauce and stir until mixed; add
vegetables to pork mixture. Cook until heated,
about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve pork mixture over cooked rice.
Note: Sodium level can be reduced from 799 milligrams to 532 milligrams by reducing soy sauce from 4 to 2 tablespoons.
Total fat 33 grams
Saturated fat 10 grams
Cholesterol 108 milligrams
Sodium 799 milligrams